Chopard presented the L.U.C 1963 Chronograph together with simple L.U.C 1963 watch. Both are named after the year the Scheufele family acquired the Chopard. They share the same pattern box, which echoes the pocket watches Chopard produced in the 1960s.
Box of 42mm diameter of the L.U.C 1963 Chronograph 18k Rose Gold has bulging with brushed finish and polished bezel, thin and rounded. The dial is fairly standard. Roman numerals curves are specific L.U.C collection and the Dauphine hands. The hands of the chronograph function, they are red.
The new L.U.C 03.07-L version is both simpler and more noble caliber 03.03-L. First chronograph movement manufactured by Chopard, it is self-winding. And L.U.C 03.07-L uses the same technical characteristics. The most visible feature is the return flight, also called flyback. It allows chaining the timings without resetting the counters to zero using the button at 4:00.
Its clutch is vertical, which ensures a more reliable starting of the chronograph second hand. Finally, taking the crown, small seconds at 6 o’clock is reset and held at zero. This enables precise synchronization with a reference time, a feature that follows from the purpose of the clock L.U.C Chrono 1963. This one is called to the same dial by ‘Chronometer “and certified by the Official Swiss Chronometer COSC.
The differences between the L.U.C 03.07-L and its predecessor are on aesthetics. Remove the rotor and the components that accompany it, provide totally clear view of the movement. The parts required to chronograph then occupy most of the visible space on the back of the watch under the ice transparent sapphire glass, bridges, swings, levers and column wheel color steel stand of gold background. This contrast is enhanced by the variety of surface treatments: Beading for background, drawn features for components chronograph Geneva stripes for bridges. These are worked in silver, an alloy demanding that scratching is irretrievable.
An edition “purists”
It was after a meeting between Karl-Friedrich Scheufele and famous collectors group The purists in 2007 that the idea of a chronograph model that is created for them first. Since then, a continuous dialogue took place on “what would be a chronograph for the purists,” with the desire to create a classic timepiece that represents the essence of the old chronograph.
Thus a steel version of the L.U.C 1963 Chronograph model was created, the “purists” in face of a high purity, undated, referring to the first chronographs. This model is also published in a limited edition of 50 copies.
- Movement: mechanical with manual winding L.U.C Calibre 03.07-L, 28.80mm thick, 38 jewels, 60 hours power reserve, 28,800 A / h (4 Hz), COSC certificate (Official Control Swiss chronometer) Geneva Seal
- Function: time display and minutes, small seconds at 6 o’clock, chronograph second hand in center, 30 minutes to 3 o’clock, 12:00 to 9:00, at 4:30
- Case: 18ct rose gold, 42mm in diameter, 11.5mm thick, 18ct rose gold crown with L.U.C logo, Sapphire glare ice, open back, water resistant to 50m
- Dial: satin silver sun, silvered counters mats; Hour, minute and small second golden second hand and counter hands and red hour minute
- Bracelet: double alligator cognac, boucle ardillon en or rose 18ct
- Reference: 161964–5001
- Limited edition 50 pieces
- Retail price: € 34,300